***GRAPHIC*** ASSAD’S FORCES SHELL A BAKERY IN ALEPPO. THE AFTERMATH IS HORRIFIC. Aleppo (Hanano): Oct 23, 2012 - Dead bodies and body parts lay strewn across the floor with the pieces of bread. These hungry people waited in line for hours to just be able to buy some bread to feed their families. Assad’s forces did not care. Their objective is to destroy Aleppo, nothing else. If they cannot rule it, then no one can live in it.
Does this, the 13th or 14th bakery targeted in Aleppo in the past 3 months cross the ‘red-lines’ of the international community? No, no … it doesn’t. Shelling these bakeries full of people is acceptable to the rest of ‘Mother Earth’ as long as Assad does not use his supposed stock of ‘chemical weapons’.
Human Rights Watch Report ‘Death & Daily Bread’ on the shelling of Aleppo’s bakeries by Assad’s forces … (click here).
Another Human Rights Watch report on the bombing of bakeries in Aleppo. (click here)
Assad’s history of shelling bakeries (these are only a few):
- In Sept, 2012 Assad’s forces shelled a bakery in Bab Al Hadeed, Aleppo in the single worst bakery bombing of the revolution. (video here)
- On Aug 21, 2012 Assad’s forces shelled a bakery in Aghuir, Aleppo. 20 killed, 80 injured (video here)
- On Aug 16th, 2012 Assad’s forces shelled a bakery in Qady Asker, Aleppo. (video here)
- On Aug 10, 2012 Assad’s forces shelled a bakery in Al Halwanyieh, Aleppo killing 11 (video here)
- On June 16, 2012 Assad’s forces shell a bakery in Talbiseh, Homs - horrific scenes. (video here)
- On May 16, 2012 A little boy is among the victims in Houla, Homs when Assad’s forces shell the bakery. He is still clutching a piece of bread. (video here)
- On Jan 18, 2012 Assasd’s forces rolled up to a crowd waiting for bread outside this bakery in Homs and began shooting, killing many. (video here)